Wednesday, February 22, 2006

DAYS,,,,

These everlasting lanes Where I ran and played,,,,
Those melliflous sounds that soothed my way,,,,,
The hidden alcove with my secrets profound,,,
Those yesteryears with their charms abound,,,
The tender hands that brought me up,,,,
Ignored my tantrums and nurtured with love,,,
The little nook , where I fell and cried,,
Or the pretty dresses that made me smile ,,,
Those two little plaits with red ribbons,,,
The black shoes with lacy buttons,,,
Those plaintive rhymes and fairytales,,,
Of kings and queens and endless trails,,,
Took us to the world that we dreamt,,,,
Filled with love and no contempt .
Those wonder words that people said,,,
Or the occasional rifts that I often had,,,,
Those frequent fights that were 'normous fun,,
That innocence of childhood can never return,,,

The nostalgia of the days gone by,,,
Still loom large which i can never defy,,,
Unaware of worries , ache and pain,,,
Take me back to those blissful days,,,
Where I can once again feel the charm of this life;
The truth of my existence and the destiny that I deny.

1 comment:

aphrodite said...

cudn't hav been better....so true...yet how we tend to forget them...great guns going...:)..wish to "read" from u soon